Thursday, June 26, 2008

New CD Progress Report

The new CD is coming along quite well I think. I have a good 20 songs or so recorded, from which I'll choose the best 10-12. My last CD, Into The Blue, had 14 songs. They're good songs, but I want the next CD to be "tighter", for lack of a better term.

So the new songs are all recorded and mixed, for the most part. As always, I played all the instruments save for saxophone which was played by Dennis Landeen. Next is the mastering phase. Mastering, for those of you who don't know, is the process of adding EQ, compression, and limiting to a track to bring out the best sonically. Yesterday I spent the day in the studio mastering "Vibration", as well as "New Face On The World" and "Son Or Daughter". "Vibration is the only one I finished, as my ears were getting fatigued after a while.

I had hoped to have the CD wrapped up by now, but it hasn't worked out that way. No worries. Better to take the time to do it right.

The next thing I have to do is put a link to this blog on my website, so there might be some chance of someone reading it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

door to door ?? is that like paycheck to paycheck except that no money actually changes hands??

Jim Pellinger said...

been there??--

Well, at least a little money changes hands, every now and then!

Jim